Dr. Goldblatt provides Medical Marijuana Evaluations in Deep River, CT and the surrounding areas, please call for more information - (860) 434-0796.
Medical Marijuana Q & A
What is medical marijuana?
Marijuana, also known as cannabis, is a plant that can be used to treat a wide variety of conditions. Marijuana contains hundreds of compounds called cannabinoids, each of which affects the body in a different way. The two most prominent, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD), have very different effects but both can be effective treatment options in certain situations.
What is medical marijuana used for?
Medical marijuana is generally used to ease pain, boost your appetite, and counteract the effects of a variety of neurological disorders. The full list of conditions that qualify for medical cannabis includes:
- Positive status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
- Wasting syndrome
- Crohn’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Sickle cell disease
- Post-laminectomy syndrome with chronic radiculopathy
- Severe psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Cerebral palsy
- Cystic fibrosis
- Irreversible spinal cord injury with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
- Terminal illness requiring end-of-life care
- Uncontrolled intractable seizure disorder
- Spasticity or neuropathic pain associated with fibromyalgia
- Severe rheumatoid arthritis
- Postherpetic neuralgia
- Hydrocephalus with intractable headache
- Intractable headache syndromes
- Neuropathic facial pain
- Muscular dystrophy
- Osteogenesis imperfecta
Medical marijuana is also often used to help relieve the side effects of certain unpleasant treatments like chemotherapy. To receive medical marijuana, you must be a Connecticut resident.
Where can I find out more information about Medical Marijuana eligibility?
If you’re interested in how medical marijuana could help you, call Shoreline Medical Spa today or make an appointment online with the scheduling tool.